Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Creepy Human Faced Fish

Eyelids.
Eyelids are the reason fish seem to always get the short end of the stick. Fish don't have eyelids, so they lack the ability to convey basic facial expressions that we recognize on other animals. When my pet goldfish died I didn't cry, because I felt like I didn't really know him that well. He was more of a piece of furniture than a friend. Hell, I even cried when my hamster died, and I only had him for a two weeks. I'd never be able to hunt for deer, because I don't know if I'd be able to kill something that gave me the sad scared dying eyes. On the other hand I've been fishing several times, and cheered while a fish suffocated, gasping for air unblinking and expressionless. It's not just fish that get screwed over, snakes don't have eyelids and everyone hates them, even the harmless ones. To add insult to injury, everyone loves dolphins and whales, with their smiling faces and blinking eyes. Same thing with turtles and lizards, they're very similar animals, the only real difference is eyelids=relatability=less often and less painful death. I need to stand up for the rights of the animals who not only cannot speak for themselves, but cannot even make angry eyes at being treated so unfairly. From now on, I'm only going to eat animals with eyelids. I'm the world's first blinkatarian. Thankfully there are some fish out there with some very human traits, maybe after you see these pictures you'll have some compassion for the eyelidless.












EDIT:
One more I just found, i though squid and octopus had beaks

No comments:

Post a Comment